Sherwood Law Group ("SLG") provides employment related representation to individual entrepreneurs, corporations, general and limited partnerships, employees, and limited liability companies for all employment related matters. SLG’s attorney are unique in being able to handle both litigation and transactions and have represented both businesses and employees in all employment-related causes of action. SLG’s attorneys are experienced in negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and all state and federal litigation related to the following employment related matters:
- Discrimination: Discrimination lawsuits involve claims that an employee has been treated unfairly because of their race, gender, age, religion, national origin, or other protected characteristic. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other federal and state laws prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of these characteristics.
- Harassment: Harassment lawsuits involve claims that an employee has been subjected to unwanted conduct that is based on a protected class, such as race, gender, or religion. This can include verbal or physical harassment, as well as more subtle forms of harassment such as jokes or comments that are intended to be degrading or offensive.
- Wrongful termination: Wrongful termination lawsuits involve claims that an employee has been fired in violation of the terms of their employment contract or in violation of state or federal employment laws. This can include being fired in retaliation for reporting illegal or unethical conduct or being fired in violation of anti-discrimination laws.
- Wage and hour disputes: Wage and hour disputes involve claims that an employee has not been paid the correct amount of wages or has not received the required breaks or overtime pay. The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state laws regulate the payment of wages and hours of work, and employees may be entitled to recover damages if they are not paid in accordance with these laws.
- Retaliation: Retaliation lawsuits involve claims that an employee has been punished or disadvantaged for exercising their rights, such as reporting illegal or unethical conduct or participating in a discrimination or harassment investigation. Federal and state laws protect employees from retaliation for exercising their rights.
- Breach of Contract/Severance Agreements: SLG represents both businesses and employees in drafting, formation, and any litigation involving employment contracts. Causes of action can include breach of contract, unjust enrichment, fraud, and any and all litigation or transactions involving covenants not to compete, solicitation, and disclosures.
SLG’s unique ability to negotiate and mediate on both sides of the table allows each employee and company the security of having an expert and well-rounded litigation team. Furthermore, having a multi-faceted counsel that can both litigate and draft the agreements often under dispute gives SLG’s clients an edge in dispute resolution and alternatives to costly litigation.Contact us
for a free consultation today.