Scott Shapiro founded the Law Offices of Scott B. Shapiro, and acts as Of Counsel to Sherwood Law Group, heading its workers’ compensation division. He began practicing law in the area of workers’ compensation defense. Upon founding his firm, Mr. Shapiro utilized the experience he gained defending insurance companies and employers in the area of workers’ compensation, and now focuses his practice on representing injured workers’ and plaintiffs in all types of injury cases. Mr. Shapiro believes the cornerstones to successful representation are maintaining open communication between the attorney and client, educating and counseling the client in every aspect of their particular case, so that the client understands how the law applies to the client’s particular legal issues.
Mr. Shapiro has also practiced in the area of entertainment law. His experience includes the negotiation of contracts in the entertainment field, and representation of a wide range of talent which has included solo musicians, musical groups, producers, artist management, poets, actors, reality television, as well as entertainment promotion companies, and talent agents. Drawing upon his considerable litigation experience, Mr. Shapiro brings a unique and aggressive approach to the entertainment field.Recent Settlements:
- $515,000.00 plus open medical rights for over the road/long haul trucker struck in head on collision causing bilateral leg fractures, fractured hips, and fractured ankle.
- $375,000.00 for construction worker injured in workplace resulting in neck fusion.
- $350,000.00 construction worker injured when tripped over boxes causing rotator cuff tear and knee ligament tears
- $340,000.00 to bridge construction worker who fractured right ankle resulting in ankle fusion and amputation of toe.
- $320,000.00 settlement for a fifty-two (52) year old truck driver who suffered lumbar and thoracic disc bulges, hernia, and right shoulder soft tissue injuries requiring epidural injections in two (2) separate impacts to this truck in a parking lot.
- $299,900.00 for volunteer worker deemed to be an employee who fell from scaffolding resulting in bilateral ankle and heel fractures, torn rotator cuff, fractured wrist.
- $294,500.00 to injured satellite television installer who fell from ladders sustaining spine, arm, and leg fractures.
- $292,500.00 for welder struck in head with welding
- $250,000.00 injured worker who aggravated underlying neurological conditions due to work accident resulting in permanent disability.
- $225,000.00 plus open medical for worker
- $221,688.50 for bus driver who sustained bilateral rotator cuff tears, and torn tendon in knee
- $200,000.00 construction foreman shot while working sustaining brachial plexus injury and psychological injuries
- $200,000.00 to union electrician injured using drill causing herniated disk in neck.
- $180,000.00 waitress/server due to slip and fall at major chain restaurant.
J.D., John Marshall Law School, 197
B.A., University of Iowa, 1993Bar Admissions
Federal Court Northern District of Illinois, 1997Professional Associations and Memberships
American Bar Association
Illinois Workers' Compensation Lawyer's Association