Alexis is a trial attorney at Sherwood Law Group. She concentrates her practice in all aspects of personal injury and civil litigation. Alexis has successfully represented her clients in all types of injury actions, including medical malpractice cases, motor vehicle and trucking accidents, product liability cases, slip and fall injuries, premises liability cases, animal bites, construction negligence, nursing home negligence, wrongful death, and catastrophic personal injuries.Prior to joining the Sherwood Law Group team, Alexis proficiently defended corporations and individuals against complex litigation matters including professional and medical liability matters, premises liability actions, construction negligence and commercial litigation cases.Alexis provides skillful, knowledgeable, and aggressive representation in order to obtain the best possible outcome for her clients. She has successfully litigated personal injury matters in both state and federal courts in Illinois, represented clients on appellate matters before the Illinois Appellate Court and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and obtained settlements for both individual and corporate clients.
As a result of her achievements, Alexis has been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star which is a recognition only given to the top 2.5% of attorneys in Illinois under the age of 40.
A Chicago-native, Alexis graduated from Saint Ignatius College Prep in 2009 and returned to Chicago to earn her juris doctorate from DePaul University College of Law in 2016 after graduating from Miami University in 2013 where she earned a B.A. in Philosophy.
Her compassion for helping others extends beyond the courtroom, as Alexis is actively involved in community, charitable and professional organizations throughout the City of Chicago and State of Illinois.
To contact Alexis Karkula for a free consultation or to discuss representation, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 312-627-1650.
- $650,000.00 third party settlement for a Plaintiff (46) who slipped and fell on oil/substance in a loading dock while taking out the garbage in the course of his employment and suffered injuries to his right knee and shoulder that required both conservative care and eventual surgery. Liability was disputed by owner of the property, property manager and additional tenant that allegedly spilled the oil/substance.
- $550,000.00 settlement for two (2) Plaintiff passengers in a disputed trucking accident where our clients vehicle lost control due to winter conditions and was struck by a semitruck heading in the opposite direction. One passenger Plaintiff suffered minor injuries while the other sustained numerous spinal fractures (cervical fusion), femur fracture (ORIF) and several lacerations which led to rehabilitation and a full recovery.
- $520,000.00 settlement for a family of three (3) Plaintiffs (grandparents and grandchild) who were all injured in a side swipe accident with an ambulance. The Plaintiff suffered various injuries including a rotator cuff tear with surgery and soft tissues neck and back injuries.
- $400,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff who suffered an ankle fracture requiring surgical repair, developing arthritis and CRPS (disputed) from a slip, trip, and fall related to negligent removal of snow and ice and improper salting of a parking lot in a residential townhome community. Both liability and the permanency of the injury were disputed by the owner, property manager, and snow and ice removal contractor.
- $250,000.00 Combined Arbitration Award and Settlement for consolidated multiple party consecutive motor vehicle accidents where the Plaintiff suffered aggravation of pre-existing cervical and lumbar spine injuries and a concussion. Plaintiff recovered from liability and underinsured policy coverages where causation of injury via a lack of property damage was disputed by the Defense.
- $234,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff in a disputed trucking accident where a semi-truck illegally merged into the Plaintiff's lane of traffic causing the vehicle to collide through a pedestrian sidewalk and into a fire hydrant. The Plaintiff suffered soft-tissue neck and back injuries, post-concussion syndrome, and PTSD along with lost wages which were also disputed.
- $232,500.00 settlement in a rear-end motor-vehicle collision where the Plaintiff (59) suffered a rotator cuff tear and arthroscopic rotator cuff repair following by physical therapy. Settlement included recovery of the entire policy limits of the Defendant, at fault driver, and within the underinsured coverage of the Plaintiff's vehicle.
- $115,000.00 settlement for a fifty-six (56) year old Plaintiff who slipped in fell on an unnatural accumulation of snow and nice outside her three (3) unit building and suffered a left ankle fracture and soft tissue injuries to her shoulder and knee.
- $100,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff crossing the street on a bicycle who was struck by a motorist where she suffered a left acetabular labrum tera and other soft-tissue injuries. Liability was disputed and denied pre-suit and the Plaintiff's case was rejected by four other law firms before hiring Alexis and Sherwood Law Group.
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2016
B.A., Miami University, 2013Bar Admissions
Federal Court Northern District of IllinoisProfessional Associations and Memberships
Illinois State Bar Association
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
CALI Excellence Award: Pretrial Civil Litigation, 2015
Illinois Rising Star, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2022
Illinois Rising Star, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2023
Illinois Rising Star, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2024