Jason H. Sherwood, Founder and Principal, is Managing Partner at Sherwood Law Group with specialties in personal injury and accident, real estate, collections, business and contract disputes, and all other civil litigation in both state and federal court. Jason’s experience, veracity, and dedication to his clients have made him one of the top young litigators in the State of Illinois. His determination for excellence and results has factored into his obtaining favorable resolutions for his clients in all aspects of civil litigation. Whether by trial, negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or other dispute resolution, Jason will analyze your case and provide the proper roadmap and legal vehicle for getting to the desired destination.Personal Injury
Jason H. Sherwood, has been a personal injury litigation and trial attorney in Illinois since 2004. His specialties include automobile accidents, premises liability, slip and fall, products liability, construction accidents, work accidents/injuries, motorcycle, trucking, boat, and all other vehicle, premise, and products-related accidents. Jason has uniquely developed skills to represent clients in injury cases that range from whiplash to fractured bones, concussions, ligament/muscular injuries, debilitating spinal injuries, disfigurement, permanent conditions, mental trauma, and death.
Jason is an expert in the negotiation and advocacy against the Defendant’s insurance carriers and pre and post litigation representation on behalf of his clients. Jason uses technology and investigation to prosecute cases at an expeditious rate to recover all damages available, including, but not limited to, medical bills, lost wages, disability, pain and suffering, loss of normal enjoyment of life, disfigurement, permanency, loss of consortium and wrongful death. Jason often uses expedited investigation and expert analysis early on in cases to successfully have them mediated or arbitrated prior to trial. Jason is tremendous advocate to and for alternative dispute resolution.
He has successfully represented countless clients in all types of injury cases, including: motor vehicle accidents, pedestrian cases, taxi, bus, and train accidents, slip and fall injuries, premises liability cases, animal bites, construction negligence, nursing home negligence, medical malpractice, wrongful death, trucking injuries, workplace injuries, catastrophic injuries, and workers’ compensation matters. As an experienced attorney, Jason has litigated thousands of personal injury matters resulting in successful jury trial verdicts, mediations, and settlements on behalf of Plaintiffs in Illinois.
- $1,750,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff involved in an automobile accident on the highway;
- $1,200,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff who suffered severe injuries to his hand at work in a trucking accident;
- $1,000,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff who suffered severe injuries to her shoulder and back when she tripped and fell down the stairs in her apartment complex;
- $900,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff injured in a slip and fall on ice;
- $720.000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff who slipped and fell in a factory;
- $675,000.00 wrongful death settlement for a Plaintiff at work in an elevator accident;
- $622,500.00 settlement for wrongful death of a Plaintiff involved in a highway accident with a tow truck in a construction zone;
- $450,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff injured at work in a motor vehicle and luggage truck accident at an airport;
- $200,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff involved in a rear-end motor vehicle accident where she aggravated pre-existing injuries, requiring a laminectomy;
- $194,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff involved in a four-car motor vehicle accident where she aggravated pre-existing injuries, requiring left shoulder arthroscopy;
- $190,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff who suffered soft tissue injuries as a result of a trucking accident on an Illinois Highway;
- $140,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff injured at a go-cart facility when her go-cart underwent a speed burst;
- $130,000.00 settlement for a Plaintiff that suffered injuries, including a fibula fracture, when she slipped, tripped, and fell crossing a commercial parking lot because of poorly maintained asphalt, concrete, and roof run-off that created unnatural accumulations of snow and ice;
- $132,000.00 settlement for two Plaintiffs who were injured after falling from a hammock suspended between trees.
Jason Sherwood provides both transactional and litigation real estate services for all of your real estate needs. In litigation, whether breach of contract based upon a residential or commercial purchase/sale, dispute over commissions, lease enforcement or defense, foreclosures, evictions, construction dispute, condo law, condo association disputes, landlord/’tenant actions or any other form of real estate litigation both residential and commercial Jason provides excellence in representation. Jason is advocate of dispute resolution outside of the court system and often promotes and encourages his client to take the best financial path to resolving a dispute. With vast knowledge and experience on the transactional side, Jason has a unique ability to represent clients in all aspects of real estate-related matters, both in formation and dispute. In transaction, since 2004 Jason has represented clients in both commercial and residential real estate matters, including sales and acquisitions of single-site and multi-unit residential properties from contract to closing. Furthermore, he has represented client in commercial developments, existing shopping centers, financing, construction contracts and leasing. Again with the ability to handle both transaction and litigation Jason uses that experience to save clients in time and costs in finding the most expeditious and cost effective way to close a deal.General Litigation/Business
In all matters of civil litigation, whether in state or federal court, Jason will represent your business or individual interests to pursue or defend your rights under the applicable state or federal law. With experience in criminal law, consumer fraud, employment matters, breach of contract, privacy torts, collections, personal and business disputes, Jason will represent defend your action with integrity, confidence, and focus to get the results you desire. Jason often uses mediation, arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution in finding cost effective solutions to a resolution. His ability to represent both employer and employee has allowed Jason to successfully prosecute and defend actions in state and federal court. On the transaction side Jason’s litigation experience also allots his client the protection of knowing the matter is being reviewed by litigation counsel from inception of the executed and reviewed transaction.
To contact Jason H. Sherwood for a free consultation or to discuss representation, please email him at email@example.com
or call 312-627-1650. Education
J.D., Chicago Kent College of Law, 2004
Bachelor of Arts, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2001Bar Admissions
Illinois, 2005 Professional Associations and Memberships
Illinois State Bar Association
Illinois Trial Attorney Lawyers
Leading Lawyer Emerging Lawyers, 2017
Best of Thervo, 2018
Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in Illinois, National Trial Lawyers, 2020